Malaby has gained national recognition in defending clients in federal and state investigations in the areas of corporate compliance and white collar matters, including governmental investigations ranging from administrative subpoenas through grand jury investigations and trials. The firm has represented individuals in criminal and civil proceedings involving RICO, antitrust charges and federal securities violations. We have extensive experience in conducting sensitive internal investigations for clients regarding various antitrust issues including pricing and capacity collusion, compliance reviews, bid-rigging investigations and insider trading investigations.
Malaby's White Collar and Special Matters Group is led by founding partner Bob Malaby, a former prosecutor with the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office, where he was a member of the elite homicide bureau. Mr. Malaby has extensive experience in all aspects of state and federal white collar criminal litigation, as well as civil litigation involving allegations of criminal conduct and other types of malfeasance. This practice group represents individual clients who are either the subject of ongoing grand jury investigations or named defendants in criminal indictments.
- Represented individuals in an action involving allegations of manipulation of worldwide copper prices by indirect purchasers, including telecommunication companies.
- Represented individuals in a grand jury investigation into purported worldwide pricing and capacity collusion in the rubber industry; obtained non-prosecution resolution.
- Represented a leading stockbroker in the first New York County RICO prosecution involving unauthorized trading and stock parking.
- Represented individuals in a grand jury investigation into purported pricing and capacity collusion in the mechanically-stabilized earth industry; obtained non-prosecution resolutions.
- Represented a private arts foundation in a widely-reported trial involving the valuation of contemporary art.