Moldy Classroom Lawsuit Nets Teacher $1.8M
April 23, 2016
Teacher Mary Alsina was convinced that her school’s leaky roof and moldy ceiling were a health hazard. She may have been right.
A New Jersey Essex County Superior Court judge ruled that a teacher’s asthma and other chronic lung conditions were a result of mold in her classroom, awarding the Milburn Middle School teacher $1.8 million for medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages as a result of a lawsuit filed against the Millburn Board of Education.